The rape trial of Matthew Maldonado and Nicholas Shultz, October 7

Next Monday, October 7, the trial of Matthew Maldonado and Nicholas Shultz begins in Washington DC.

Couple links to refresh your recollection... here's the local ABC channel report.

Fight Opinion's piece with lengthy quotes from what I believe was the arrest warrant.

A brief Bloody Elbow piece on the indictment with a link to their full story stream.

Cage Potato.

And a Washington Times article.

Sadly because of the recent deaths in my family, travel and work pressures, I will not be able to be there with the survivor and her family as they go through this process.  But I do understand that the defense plans on presenting a vigorous attack and will likely claim either that she consented or that the guys could not have known she was not consenting.  I'm not going to go into further detail here because the jury may not be sequestered so who knows what googling they're going to do.

In any case, I will try to keep you updated with whatever information I'm able to gather, from people there and so on.

I wish the survivor all the peace, strength and courage of her convictions possible.  Best wishes to you honey.




0 comments:

Post a Comment