Personal stuff, and Relson's first female blackbelt.

Sorry for the long absence.  I haven't trained in about two months, though I'm leaving in three minutes to hit lunch class.

I got pregnant, surprise! the old fashioned way... and lost it promptly, as expected, as my immune system is still crazy haywire.  So my husband and I are looking for a gestational carrier for the last two embryos we have on ice... basically there's only one more drug we could add to the cocktail, which has no guarantee of helping, is experimental, uncovered by insurance, and would cost an additional $24k.  So it seems logical to try letting a healthy uterus get a crack at it instead.  So, if you have always wanted to be a carrier, don't hesitate to get in touch, please.

Spent some time on the west coast with a dear friend undergoing chemo and radiation treatments.  That was stressful.

And then my mother in law and my husband's favorite uncle both passed away within about a week of each other.  So we spent some time with his dad and aunt (my husband is still there in fact) and plan on several return trips over the next three months.

Plus I am crazy busy at work getting ready for a hearing in three weeks.

I'm feeling tired all the time, zero motivation to train, zero motivation to do anything really besides read.  So I recognize I'm depressed and I'm trying to take care of myself, push myself to get back on the mats (I know it will make me feel better just to get moving.)  I'm trying to eat healthily and get good sleep, and I've spent good time with friends lately which is always restorative.

Last, wanted to direct you to a nice interview from BJJ Eastern Europe with Christy Thomas, Relson Gracie's first female blackbelt.  Read it here.

Christy

0 comments:

Post a Comment