Sticks and stones...

The thing is, it does no good to turn to polemics and personal attacks. No matter what "side" you're on in this horrible situation, we need to be seeking understanding and trying to build consensus, to move forward constructively as a community. Name-calling doesn't help.

 I'm sure I am occasionally guilty of excess vitriol. I apologize in advance if that ever is the case!



Edited to add: found some other comments by this guy on reddit: (sorry the formatting is ugly, I'm on my phone.)  Look the last paragraph!

 267 Jujitsu (i.imgur.com) submitted 6 hours ago by DeadPoolKatanaRama 134 commentsshare sorted by: best you are viewing a single comment's thread. view the rest of the comments →

 [–]succhialce 30 points 5 hours ago BJJ is without a doubt the best martial art for rape defense. My children whether male or female will train. permalink

 [–]Barneyk -9 points 4 hours ago At least 99% of rapes are not about being physically overpowered so it doesn't really apply very often at all. permalinkparent

 [–]DidNotJustShart 5 points 4 hours ago I get what you're saying, rapes often occur under other circumstances such as drugging or alcohol, but I would like to see where you get this 99% figure. Regardless, a woman who knows jiu-jitsu would do much better against a rapist than one who doesn't as long as other factors aren't in play. permalinkparent

 [–]timothytandem -4 points 4 hours ago She can try to jiujitsu herself out of a roofie. Huehuehuehue

0 comments:

Post a Comment