I haven't lost my form - Sunday Mba


Sunday Mba insists that his form has not dropped despite failing to start for Nigeria in recent games.

Mba was the hero of the African Nations Cup where he scored not only the goal that eliminated the highly-fancied Côte d'Ivoire at the quarter-final stage, but also the one that decided the championship game.

Since then, however, he has dropped to the bench and did not feature at all in the last two games.

But the Rangers midfielder told KickOffNigeria.com that his form had not dropped.

"I'm still the same me, I'm still playing my normal game and I'm still doing well.

"Somehow, I can't say why I'm not playing but I believe the coach wants to change the team, wants to try something else.

"But I'm still part or the team and whenever I'm called upon, I will do my best and prove myself very well," he said.

The midfielder has barely featured for Rangers all season, after the club fought a bruising battle to wrest him from Warri Wolves on-loan.

He says it is not for want of trying, but is uncertain about whether he will still be at the club next season.

"It's not really my fault. I've been having national call-ups but I always try to do my best.

"If I'm still around at Rangers, and nothing comes up, I will do my best for them. But let's wait for the season to start and see."

With Nigeria facing Ethiopia on Saturday in the second leg of their 2014 Fifa World Cup qualifier, Mba says he expects a good game.

"I'm really looking forward to the game on Saturday and playing against Ethiopia."

0 comments:

Post a Comment