Ethiopia warn Super Eagles


Ethiopia coach Sewnet Bishaw has sounded a note of warning to the Super Eagles ahead of their 2014 World Cup qualifying play-off tomorrow.

Bishaw says his team are gunning for a win as they aim to upturn Nigeria’s first-leg 2-1 advantage.

Describing the game as the biggest challenge of his life yet, Bishaw told BBC Sport that his team is well prepared for Saturday’s encounter, insisting that his players were in high spirits ahead of the game.

“There’s no problem in my squad. All of my players are fit and the mood in the camp is very high. Everybody is waiting for the kick-off whistle.”

Bishaw stated that he is confident in his team’s ability to upturn the result in Calabar, insisting that the game is far from over, as there is still another 90 minutes to play for.

“I’m 100 percent confident of overturning the result. I’ll only play for a win. Football involves a defeat and a win. We’re defeated in the first leg doesn’t mean we’ll be defeated in the second leg,” Bishaw said.

“I’ve not finished the match. I’ve 90 minutes left to play. I’ll fight for a 2-0 win or for a 2-1 to take it in to extra-time. So, I want to remind them that it’s not over yet.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment