SOTW 2, Chapter 2 - The Early Days of Britain

Modern Marvels - Barbarian Battle Tech
This video has been removed because of a bad link, and I was unable to find it anywhere else.  Sorry! (9/7/12).  If you're really interested, you can probably order the DVD from history.com.

Ancient Warriors - Celts
I'm not sure what the exact source is on this video, and it's longer than most videos I post, but this seems to be a pretty good substitute for the Modern Marvels video.



Beowulf - Music Video
Parody of Nena's "99 Luftballons" by the historyteachers

I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what this video is.  I think it's a parody of a song from the mid-80's by German pop star, Nena.   Having never heard of her, though, I honestly have no idea.

This video was my introduction to historyteachers.  Since that time, we have become big fans!  The historyteachers are two teachers from Hawaii who have joined forces to create over 50 clever and memorable music videos.  These videos parody pop songs from the last 20 (or more) years, substituting the lyrics you grew up with for history class.   They have a great TED talk, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment