What's all this talk about pre-training eating?!

I'm just sayin'-- maybe if you don't have my camel's hump (aka derriere, aka stored energy supply) then you need to worry about feeding the machine before you train.

Me? I have all the stored energy I need for a month on a barren island. I don't like having food in my tum before a workout unless it's maybe something liquid-- for example, I'll drink a glass of milk before an early morning class. Or like at the IBJJF tournaments, right after I make weight, I drink mango nectar. But solid food? NO WAY.

Went to lunch open mat today (on an empty stomach as per always) and had FABULOUS rolls probably because of this gameplan assignment making all my stuff more front-and-center in my mind. I truly had the best time. Rolled with a nice guy, nogi, super mellow and technical but not holding back too much if at all.. really focused on my hook sweeps and butterfly and engaged hooks (Thanks Emily!) and WOW, thanks Rener for the back game... double plus good.

Because it was nogi, guillotines were on the front burner. I was having a serious time trying to finish my guillotines/Marcelotines. Only got one. Definitely need to work on that.

Oh yeah, and, um... not getting reversed/swept in top half when your opponent is tall and lanky. Somehow my crossface just wasn't cutting it like usual.

0 comments:

Post a Comment